Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Dreaded Call....

Last night I received it...the dreaded call....or text I should say since he was too scared to call me and hear my screaming and cursing on the other end....

"I just got an assignment and won't be home til 9."

This was on dance night.  Tuesday night.  The WORST night this could possibly happen.  Why?  Because we are at dance for 3 hours on Tuesday night.  So there I was, at the dance studio, with little food, a 7 year old boy who would rather be dead than be there, and a 14 month old boy who will be the bane of my existence.  HELL. Then we get home, everyone is starving, everyone has homework, ACK!  We didn't even get to Noah's reading, and I had to send an email to his teacher this morning telling her what a slacker parent I am and didn't get to his reading because of our hell night.  Embarrassing.  (Hi Jenny on the Block!  LOL!)

Don't you hate those calls/texts? Yes, I know they are working too....but not with 4 kids.  My work is harder, I declare, because I have the kids.  And yes, I work too...just from home!  Which is worse...I wish I was in a cubby like Mike is with a clean little desk and walls around me.  Not really because then I wouldn't be with my kids...but there are times it would be awesome.  Being a stay at home mom working full time is hell sometimes!
All of this is after I experienced this at 9 am.

Sorry for the sideways pic...but yes, that would be an entire jar of fish food.  On the floor.

 I can't get these flipping pictures to turn, so you're just going to have to turn your head to look because I had a bad day.  Yes, look how fun the fish food is!

Now let's move to the small pieces in Noah's room that Sawyer can choke on.  It's so fun to play with choking hazzards.  It's the only thing I want to play with, says Sawyer.  And notice the fun drool marks on the shirt too...more teeth. Always a party here!
Hmmmm...what's in here that I can choke on? 
And why this picture came out right, I don't know.  Chalk it up to this is the kind of day I had.

Ah, and I hear him up now....where the hell is my nanny?  Or my manny?  Please....someone...hire me a manny!
Hoping the father of your children is home early tonight, tells you to get a glass of wine and run a bubble bath when he gets home, and takes the kids away for the rest of the night, and then deposits them in bed for you!  Have a great day/night!

So I kicked and swore calmly and rationally bucked up to my situation and got through it.  And it was ridiculous....

No comments:

Post a Comment