Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Summer of George!!!

Who the hell is this?  Yep, it's me.....wow.  And Mike with a lot darker hair.  Before we were married, in Mexico.  Feels like another life ago.
Had a great conversation with a friend today...an inspiring friend....and we talked about this year being our Summer of George.  You know...the Seinfeld episode where George declares it's all about him--for the whole summer.  Well, 2011 is my Summer of George...it's going to be all about me.  Day 4 of WW...and I'm feeling good.  Day 4 of no pop, and I'm about dying.  I may need to taste the nectar tomorrow...just so I can stop the shakes.
Today I was actually a better mom because I did things for ME.  So when it was time to take care of everyone else, I had the patience to do so.  What a concept...amazing it's still taking me this long to learn this.  I was able to go on my elliptical, and then shower!  I organized my desk....did some MJC office time, read my US magazine, and tonight I took a bath!  Now, I was able to do most of this because this little guy:
took a power nap for me.
And I had patience to deal with this guy:

when I really want to throttle him.  Got a phone call from his teacher about his disrespectful behavior with a guest teacher today....and instead of losing it when he screamed at me that he "hated me and I was the worst mom ever and ruins his life" after I told him he was spending the night in his room with no Legos or TV and would be receiving a HUGE consequence, I simply said "Okay".
And then there is the good kid of the day...so sweet, so full of life, loves everything and everyone.  Energy like you wouldn't believe....excitement over everything.  I love 5.
She could be the "bad kid" tomorrow.
And then there is the moody one.  9 going on 17.....
So what will I do for myself tomorrow to give me the patience to deal with these little personalities again?  Hmmmm....the possibilities are endless......

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have no idea who those children are in the first photo...

    ReplyDelete